sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Wireless SMGL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Wireless SMGL
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:35:35 -0500

I am using a WPC11 card with the pcmcia-cs and linux-wlan-ng packages. That
later contains drivers for the WPC11. As Casey mentioned it is important
to set the SSID correctly. Within wlan-ng you can set the SSID to ""
(blank) to associate with any AP.

Also, pcmcia-cs network script has a hard coded location for dhcpcd, which
is different from where we install it. So you either need to change that
or do dhcpcd manually.

When I was testing all of this I didn't bother with the hotplug/coldplug
sutff, I jsust found the module and modprobed it and tested like that.

Spencer