sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cast from a specific grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jimmy Yen(顏孝杰)" <jimmy AT yen.tp>
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cast from a specific grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:07:20 +0800

Some applications are designed to to make devel and stable versions coexist, and some people need both. For me, I have both versions of GIMP installed because I have to test with both of them.

Jimmy Yen, aka. haoto

Ladislav Hagara wrote:

Of course everyone can create his own spells.
But was not it better if this was made centrally ?
There are a lot of application which have stable and devel versions.
It was be great if users could easily choose for example devel gimp or devel
vcdimager.
I thing spells like gimp-devel, vcdimager-devel are not best solution.

I suggested devel and cvs versions, but this did not pass.
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-grimoire/2003-March/001604.html

VERSION=0.6.2
SOURCE=$SPELL-$VERSION.tar.gz
SOURCE_URL[0]=$SOURCEFORGE_URL/$SPELL/$SOURCE
MD5[0]=b534d3a14a722740983ff071f77b55b8

VERSION_DEVEL=0.7.1
SOURCE_DEVEL=$SPELL-$VERSION.tar.gz
SOURCE_URL_DEVEL[0]=$SOURCEFORGE_URL/$SPELL/$SOURCE
MD5_DEVEL[0]=b534d3a14a722740983ff071f77b55b8

SOURCE_URL_CVS[0]=...

- lace -

I simply name them differently... for instance vcdimager is in the grim and
the stable version is 0.6.x.

I prefer vcdimager 0.7.x (which is still beta) so I made my custom spell named
"vcdimager7" and set it to CONFLICT with "vcdimager".