sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: SourceMage on ISO?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: SourceMage on ISO?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

Joel Sinor said:
> I live in Texas, but Dallas, and thus not reasonably near the poster (I do
> travel periodically to see family, but it appears I was right and Victoria
> is both rural and far from where I would normally go). Perhaps a better
> solution would be snail mail. If I were to send a cd even normal mail it
> should reach him reasonably quickly (1-3 days) and should not cost too
> much. Any suggestions for considerations for mailing CDRs?

Use a CD-sized box, envelopes bend. ;) Hopefully he knows that
source-based distros eat up a lot of bandwidthed....maybe send him a CD
(or two) with /var/spool/sorcery containing most of the basic apps
(xfree86, gnome*, kde*, etc.) and include instructions to copy the CD(s)
to /var/spool/sorcery to save time.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61