sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cast from a specific grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jimmy Yen(顏孝杰)" <jimmy AT yen.tp>
  • To: Derek Moyes <sorcerer AT flamesnyper.com>
  • Cc: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cast from a specific grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:37:29 +0800

I'm using a trick to make it simpler. I made a spell named "bison-1.35" with its version number left blank, so I just need to issue a "cast bison-1.35" (or "dispel -d bison 1.35" if the archive exists) whenever I need to downgrade, and a "cast -c bison" (or "dispel -d bison 1.875") to upgrade again. The benefit is that upgrading the standard spell will dispel the custom spell autometically.

Jimmy Yen, aka. haoto

Derek Moyes wrote:

I simply name them differently... for instance vcdimager is in the grim and
the stable version is 0.6.x.

I prefer vcdimager 0.7.x (which is still beta) so I made my custom spell named
"vcdimager7" and set it to CONFLICT with "vcdimager".

-- Derek

Quoting Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>:

There is no way currently. It is already a requested feature. You can
make a custom grimoire with symlinks to the grimoire you want, then put
that one first.