sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New Spells...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>, Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New Spells...
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:58:44 -0500

Geoffrey Derber wrote:

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:

why not mark them as severity="enhancement" type and exclude from counting queries?

I agree with this. I remember that over the summer, quite a few new spells that were sent to spell submit were never added, and were lost in the mounds of emails received. By adding the new spell as a bug, they are far less likely to be lost. I personally for my section would rather have a new spell sent to me as a bug "enhancement" than the submit list.

Geoff

I still have many in my dedicated IMAP folder that I'm planning to attend to when time permits, and they're for several sections which are not all mine. Having new stuff in the lists puts too much trust into gurus having time or desire to deal with new spells. Also, if you have a new guru, having to direct him/her to Bugzilla for "enh" bugs for particular section is ways better than telling him/her to search the lists. They're not searchable, btw.

Sergey.