sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Bummer

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Bummer
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:53:15 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Spencer Ogden wrote:

> Unfortunately in the case of the nvidia driver ('nvidia') this is wrong,
> RENDER is listed, but anti aliasing does not work. Everything works
> properly with the 'nv' driver.

I'm using the binary nvidia drivers with anti-aliasing. As far as I can
tell, the render extension *is* supported by the drivers:

Option "NoRenderAccel" "boolean"
Enable or disable hardware acceleration of the RENDER
extension. Default: RENDER is accelerated when possible.

Option "NoRenderExtension" "boolean"
Disable the RENDER extension. Other than recompiling
the X-server, XFree86 doesn't seem to have another way
of disabling this. Fortunatly, we can control this from
the driver so we export this option. This is useful in
depth 8 where RENDER would normally steal most of the
default colormap. Default: RENDER is offered when possible.

(from /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README)

-casey