sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc aarrggh

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Jack Bertram <jack AT jbertram.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc aarrggh
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:24:22 -0500 (EST)

Running ldconfig fixes the problem with not being able to run any programs
after the glibc craps out. It was my understanding though that the glibc
spell was all fixed... but then it's a tough spell and very hard to test.
There are some triggers in place with glibc and gettext, so it should take
care of those problems automaticaly now (although I could be wrong on
that). There has been discussion on these matters previously and the
archives are available. They have many more details.