sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] For all gui lovers... :)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: snakebyte / Eric Sesterhenn <snakebyte AT gmx.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] For all gui lovers... :)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:35:20 +0100

Hi,

> Nice work, Eric. :)

thanks Eric ;)

> For the Settings, might want to have drop-down menus instead of having
> the user type in their architecture, optimizations, etc. How are they
> to know what to type, especially if they're new?

Sure, no problem

> Also, on the Codex screen, perhaps have some information on whether
> the spell is already installed/downloaded or not (even though
> "Installed spells" will list what's installed).

I wanted to do an add-on to the version field like:
Version: version_in_codex ( installed_version_if_installed )

> Lastly, could we have an option to add/remove spells to a "cart" and
> then cast what we have in the cart? This would make it easier for
> casting multiple spells.

Hmm... I think this would confuse most users ("it is in the cart, so I
installed it, didnt I?") And I never casted more than one or maybe two
spells at once, except on a freshly installed box... so it is not likely
that I will implement this.

cu Eric / snakebyte

--
www.snake-basket.de -- just my stuff