sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable branch and gcc 3.x

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable branch and gcc 3.x
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:14:36 +0000

On Thursday 21 November 2002 10:39 am, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> > I'm concerned that people upgrading from the existing stable branch to
r1.0
> > will have a tough time because of the
>
> How many people would have a tought time ?
> Are there some statistics ?

Unfortunately I don't know how many people use the stable branch. Probably
not
too many as I get the impression that most people are using devel.

> The installing from scratch is sometime better than upgrade.

Well they always have that option. Personally I have several boxes on stable
and I can't afford the downtime for rebuilds so for me an upgrade is
essential.

Tony