sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Stable branch and gcc 3.x

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Stable branch and gcc 3.x
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:36:31 +0000

All,

I'm concerned that people upgrading from the existing stable branch to r1.0
will have a tough time because of the huge changes involved so I propose to
start moving stable over to gcc3 shortly so that when we do release 1.0 the
one big upgrade involved is sorcery itself.

So basically, I plan to add USEGCC2 support to stable's sorcery, but
otherwise
to leave it alone; then to add the gcc2 spell; update the gcc spell and the
glibc spell.

Any objections or ommissions?

Tony.