sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.2.5 -> 3.2.1 update probs / sorcery save_libraries

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: "Julian v. Bock" <julian AT openit.de>
  • Cc: Source Mage <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.2.5 -> 3.2.1 update probs / sorcery save_libraries
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:42:51 -0500

I didn't have time to understand how dynamic libraries work in Linux, but can some of these problems be cured by static compilation? It's not clear for me how, but if we have say static-bash will it save from ldconfig troubles?

Julian v. Bock wrote:

Hi

"SAL" == Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net> writes:

SAL> Is there any way we can improve this? Will it help if ldconfig is
SAL> run at the end of the fragment that you attached?

No. However, I just realized that we need to save the libraries
somehow since sorcery dispels glibc before the make install.

It might work if the ld.so link is restored right after the make
install and another ldconfig is done. However, only major glibc
updates seem to be affected so we might want to leave things as they
are for now.

Julian

Get free mailbox 20 Mb at http://www.hotbox.ru