sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ALSA and permissions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Unet <burududu AT hotpop.com>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>, Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ALSA and permissions
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:35:00 +0100

This issue should be fixed in latest alsa spell.

Basically, you had to do a chmod 666 in /devices/snd/* which is the sorcery
sound devices subdirectory (that doesn't come from me).
If it still doesn't work, try a chmod 777.

I *didn't* set the chmod to 777 for some potential security reason - if it
helps, I will.

Cheers!