sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] still having host problems....

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Doubletwist <doubletwist AT spack.nu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] still having host problems....
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:37:40 -0500

Jeremy Kolb wrote:

i've inserted echo statements into the /etc/init.d/hostname.sh file, and i have determined that hostname is run before the network scripts. i think that this is the source of my problems with the hostname being reset everytime i boot. is there a way to change the order here? and why am i the only one with this problem?

Jeremy

PS I use dhcp

I don't know what you've already gone through, but dhcp can set your host name. Perhaps it's possible that the dhcp server is setting the hostname.

DT