sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel patching

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel patching
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 06:20:51 -0700

On Sunday 06 October 2002 05:09 am, Robin wrote:
> Hey,
> I am running kernel 2.4.19, and would like to add patches to it (in
> particular, the preemptive one). How do I do this? When I did it for
> 2.4.18, there were spells for it. Now there aren't, and when I try
> recasting `linux' I get:
> root@kallisti:~# cast -c -r linux
> Building linux
> extract linux-2.4.19.tar.bz2
> With nothing asking me to reconfigure, or select patches, or whatever.

I believe this is an old bug that has been fixed in the current version of
sorcery (0.8.2). You seem to be having quite a number of problems which may
all be related to the fact that you have an older or corrupt installation of
sorcery.

What worked for me was to grab the CVS version
(http://cvs.sourcemage.org/access.html) and run the install script contained
therein. If you are uncomfortable with that, you could grab the latest
stable tarball (created nightly) at http://download.sourcemage.org/sorcery/
and run that install script.

You will probably need to run 'scribe add stable|test|devel' or 'scribe
update
stable|test|devel' depending on the state of your installation.

You can run sorcery to verify the version. It will be listed on the top line
of the initial box displayed.

--
Jason Flatt
Section maintainer for printer