sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] e2fsprogs messed up my init :(

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: jkolb AT brandeis.edu
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] e2fsprogs messed up my init :(
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:46:30 -0400

jkolb AT brandeis.edu wrote:
i couldn't see exactly what it did except that nothing could mount. kernel 2.4.19, devel grimoire. i THINK that mount.sh was still there. everything was at its latest. i'll look at the spell and see if i can find anything.

ok

On a side note, i don't think that the mount scripts are working correctly because everytime i reboot i get something like "Warning Log Replay on readonly file system", i assume that things don't get unmounted cleanly (should i make the filesystem rw in grub?).

Check and make sure you have the correct symbolic links in /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc6.d to /etc/init.d/mount.s; they should read something like K90mount; there was an unfortunate typo in the original one that was posted which should have been corrected by now. and could you send me a copy of your mount.sh, please?

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"