sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] db-4.1.24 breaks exim, (patch included)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: Lyon Lemmens <llemmens AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] db-4.1.24 breaks exim, (patch included)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:41:11 +0200

Hi

LL> Firstly, I didn't mean this as a personal attack

I didn't take it as personal attack.

The problem is basically the lack of grimoire gurus. I would like to
test the side effects of updates more thoroughly, but I simply do not
have the time to do so for all my spells.

Therefore the only way to get spells (not only devel/libs)
sufficiently tested in different environments is to shift a part of
the work to the public (= users of the devel grimoire). Frankly, I
don't think that this is aked too much.

I could have recognized that this update is likely to cause problems,
but hey, everyone does a mistake sometimes ;-)

Julian