sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Versioning in dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Versioning in dependencies
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:40:17 -0700

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 04:31 am, Robin wrote:

> Reminds me: gnucash fails compiling with:
> checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
> checking for guile - 1.3.4 <= version < 1.5.0... no
> configure: warning: guile version check failed
> configure: error:
>
> guile does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
> correct version range. Right now gnucash requires at least version
> 1.3.4 to build, but does not work with 1.5 or greater.
>
> robin@kallisti:~$ gaze installed guile
> 1.6.0
>
> Personally, I'm hoping the gnucash developers fix this to prevent my
> steadily sinking bank account :)

If it doesn't break any other spells by doing it, you could dispel guile,
manually edit the DETAILS file to specify a valid version, then recast guile.

You could also downgrade gnucash in the same way.

This has been reported as bugs 883, 1025 and 968 in Bugzilla.

--
Jason Flatt
Section maintainer for printer