sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery update lockup

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Michael Mikkelsen <mikk AT microbsys.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update lockup
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:04:06 -0700

Hello,

Here' my Murphy's Law update:

"sorcery update" got as far as compiling glibc-2.2.5 when the usuall "screen
blanking" happened. But this time, the whole box locked up tight. (Since I
got my GeForce 4 card, screen blanks periodically do this)

After a reboot, "sorcery udpate" responds that it could not find the spell
"sorcery". So I dug around and, for some reason, deciced to try "cast
sgl-devel". Big mistake. It got as far as dispelling the old sgl, but never
installed the new one.

Now I have no "cast" command.

But I'm still enthusiastically having fun! :-)

I this box rescuable? Or is it time for a re-install.

TIA

--
Michael D. Mikkelsen
Micro Business Systems