sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] usb printing with cups problem.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] usb printing with cups problem.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:58:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Jeremy,
did you look up the info on your printer at linuxprinting.org?
(http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=317801) They
recommend using CUPS with the gimp-print driver... is that what you're
trying to do? If so, they provide this installation guide to help:
http://www.ebbs.com.au/~mark/cups-gimp-print.html

I haven't read through it, but they do mention USB. I myself was able
to get my HP LaserJet 1200 working via USB and as far as I recall, it was
as straightforward as the standard CUPS installation instructions. (It's
possible I need to patch the kernel according to the info on my printer on
linux-usb.org
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=700&PHPSESSID=1324939590220e647a8b7df296d225f9,
but unfortunately the page for you is incomplete:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=577&PHPSESSID=1324939590220e647a8b7df296d225f9.
Perhaps the user listed could help you further?)

Good luck! I hope these links provide you with a the key to your
problem!

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com