sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] a few questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] a few questions
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:12:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 12:53:59AM -0400, alvaro wrote:
> hi,
> i'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be, but i'm not getting
> antialias
> with verdana-georgia-arial. I can still get antialias with thie LuxiSans
> font.
> any hints?

Probably the directory of these fonts (/usr/share/fonts/truetype on my
system) is not in your /etc/X11/XftConfig.
Here's the start of my XftConfig:
dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
dir "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"
dir "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"

Make sure all directories with truetype or Type1 fonts are in there.
Note: casting xfree86 overwrites the XftConfig on my sys.

> I'd like to try out gnome2. Is it safe to 'just cast the profile' or is it
> better to dispell a few things first (xchat? mozilla? ...?)

It should be safe to cast the profile, but it's been a long time since i
did that, so i'm not sure.

--
Arwed
aka alley_cat