sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] /proc not mounted at boot

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bob Cottingham" <bobcottingham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] /proc not mounted at boot
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:31:20 +0000

My system was booting fine until several days ago when I received the error '/proc not mounted.. mounting /proc... fstab should include line like...'during the boot process and then it just hangs (message paraphrased from memory). I'm running devel grimoire, sorcery 8.x (not sure any longer). I had the same problem a week or so earlier when trying to get cdrecord to work and it overwrote my fstab, however my fstab file appeared to be fine. Oadae suggested that I might have a missing mount.sh file, and sure enough I didn't have one in /etc/init.d. I took the one in the init.d spell and created the symlinks in rcS.d and so on as he suggested. But I still received the same error upon boot. Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks,
Bob