sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Total install failure

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "M.L." <m.l AT compaqnet.fr>, "Eric Womack" <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>
  • Cc: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Total install failure
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:40:40 -0500

This kind of thing is annoying, but not unexpected. As of Sorcery 0.8 and
GCC 3.2 we have drastically moved away from the layout of the original
sourcerer, yet our ISO and Installer are currently built on the old
assumptions.

Obviously we will have this sorted out for 1.0, but until then, it is likely
/more/ things will break. Not less.

Yes it's a pain. No, it's not permenant.

Speaking of which, several people have said they would start on the ISO,
including M.L. and Adam (to an extent) - is there a status report on that?

-Ryan