sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery 0.8.1 - Status Update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • Cc: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery 0.8.1 - Status Update
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:07:26 -0500

I believe that the the tarballs are updated at midnight us EST time. at least if i do an update at that time i get new stuff.

Jeremy

Nick Jennings wrote:

Hi Everyone.

So I have made sure the sorcery-stable spell is working correctly and checked
it into CVS. Anyone who is using the new sorcery (0.8.x or devel) and has
*not* upgraded yet to 0.8.1, tommorow morning I'd suggest doing so:

# scribe update
# cast sorcery-stable

You might get a few warnings about 'sorcery' being sustained, this is
ok (should only be 2 messages). Then it will install, for me it took
a while (like 5-10 minutes I think), not sure why. When you go into
the sorcery menu, you should see the version '0.8.1' in the main menu
screen (top right corner).

For those that *have* updated, and your system is "questionable" (aka. busted), assuming you have manually downloaded and installed sorcery to get things back up and running, you should also be able to do as I've said above, though I haven't been able to test it out yet myself.

Remember, I'm not sure exactly when the tarballs on the servers will be
updated, so I say tommorow morning to be safe. If I can find Ryan, I'll
see if I can get him to update everythin ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

--
Nick Jennings
Sorcery Team Lead