sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 2 or 3 critical bugs & their workarounds

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Casey Harkins" <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>, "Nathan Doss" <ndoss AT mtlaurel.org>
  • Cc: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 2 or 3 critical bugs & their workarounds
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:51:40 -0500

There was a bug somewhere that was writing the old /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire
into the list of places it looked, and that would cause libcodex to add it
to the grimoire file.

edit /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire and remove the line containing
/var/lib/sorcery/grimoire, and set the line containing
/var/lib/sorcery/codex/devel to be array element 0

also edit /etc/sorcery/config and remove any variables that are set to
/var/lib/sorcery/grimoire

These changes ARE in cvs now, so the problem should be fixed. That's the
good news. The bad news is that even with the values set, they should not
have made their way into that file via libcodex. Which means that though the
problem is fixed, the bug is still in there somewhere. :-/

-Ryan