sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Possibly newbie problems with SM install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Malcolm Lockyer" <m.lockyer AT quicker.net.nz>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Possibly newbie problems with SM install
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:02:30 +1200

Hi all,

Source Mage looks great - I've been looking for a better distro than red
hat or debian - this looks exactly like what I need. Anyways - I'm
having problems installing it on an old (PII 450) test machine...

Sorry if this question has been answered n+1 times - but I'm having a
problem with the source mage install process.

Installation goes fine - but when I reboot after successfully completing
the install I'm told it can't find an operating system. It seems to me
like lilo isn't writing the boot sector. I say yes to modifying the lilo
configuration - and as it says change disc0/partion (some number) to
disc.

Is this a problem to do with the installer - or am I just screwing up?

Any ideas how to fix it? I don't really want to go through the install
process again if I can avoid it.

THANKS!! (in advance :)

Malcolm Lockyer

Head of Tech