sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] The Constitution

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Source Mage Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] The Constitution
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:11:21 -0500

Ok people,

We need a constitution. I have repeatedly asked people to contribute
thoughts and ideas about what should be in it, but havent had much of a
response.

Below is my rought outline for the draft I am working on. Please review it
and make sure it covers everything you think should be in the constitution.
Feedback is highly appreciated, as constitution writing isnt easy. :-/

Thanks,

Ryan

The Constitution

I. Preamble
II. Organization
a. Positions
1. Leader - 1 per team
2. Developer
3. Writer
4. Tester
5. Security Auditor
6. Specialized
b. Team Definitions
1. Permanent Teams
A) Security
B) Release
C) Sorcery
D) Grimoire
E) Docs
2. Impermenant Teams
c. Team Formation/Dissolution
III. Communication
a. Discussion
b. Development
c. Bugs
d. Reports
IV. Disputes
a. Veto Powers
1. Authority
2. Veto Overrides
b. Leadership Authority
c. Voting Process
1. Team Vote
2. Distro Vote
3. Public Vote
V. Security
a. Distro Security Policy Definitions
1. Sourcemage tools
2. External applications
b. Contributor Access Policy Definitions
1. cvs
c. Site Access Policy Definitions
d. Server Access Policy Definitions
e. Key/Password Escrow