sm-discuss - Re: Fwd: [SM-Discuss] Update problems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eric AT schabell.com>
  • To: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: [SM-Discuss] Update problems
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:44:38 +0200

I would have asked them to wait as gcc3.2 was already out there, but this was
in independent decision that hopefully will not happen again... I have
submitted numerous bugs, applied my own fixes to the socery code (with
dufflebunk) and basically been rebuilding for two days straight trying to
iron out all the problems it caused.....

I just hope, in heavens name, that a lesson was learned here that this is a
team project and that decision should be made together, not willy nilly code
"releases" into the devel grimoire. This is the grimoire that all our guru's
work from, so by breaking boxes and eating up two or more days (no illusions
that I will finish the recompiles today...) of our time has no positive
effect on the progress towards 1.0... enough said, we plough onward.

Eric