sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] RELEASE: Sorcery 0.8.0 (1.0 BETA1)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Nick Jennings" <nkj AT namodn.com>, <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] RELEASE: Sorcery 0.8.0 (1.0 BETA1)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:32:34 -0500

Great work Nick, Dufflebunk, Zero, and the rest of the team! It's been fun
working with you guys to get this put together... Its amazing how much work
you have all put into this. :)

Just a few quick notes about the install/upgrade:

1) If you dont run devel grimoire, you wont run this at the moment. Dont
worry about it.

2) If you DO run devel, dont switch to stable or testing after installing
this until sorcery 0.8 has made its way to those grimoires. In the words of
Egon, "It would be /bad/".

3) If you have already cast sorcery on your system, this update /should/ be
automatic with your next sorcery update (once the spell is in the grimoire).
You may not need to recast it as Nick says below. But if it isnt automatic,
just recast it. :)

In any case, the sorcery team has done a huge amount of work the past couple
weeks to get this ready. It's a pretty big jump, but the install/conversion
is not /that/ complex.. so bear with us as we get it sorted out, and get off
on the way to 1.0. :)

Enjoy!

-Ryan