sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] RELEASE: Sorcery 0.8.0 (1.0 BETA1)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] RELEASE: Sorcery 0.8.0 (1.0 BETA1)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:35:31 -0700

Hi Everyone,

The first of a series of releases leading us to sorcery 1.0 has been
made tonight. Sorcery version 0.8.0 is actually the first BETA release
of 1.0, it includes a subset of the planned features for 1.0

Please see the Release Notes:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Sorcery+0.8.0+Release+Notes

It's important to mention that users will not be able to update to
this release (properly), until the new sorcery spell (which I've
submitted already) is merged into the devel grimoire.

From there, users who track the devel grimoire can do a sorcery update
and get the new spell. Then you can perform a:

# cast -c -r sorcery

You will be asked if you wish to track (s)table or (d)evel, PLEASE
chose stable to track 0.8.x releases. As long as you stick to the
devel grimoire, everything will be OK and you will keep the new
sorcery release.

I'd like to thank the currently active members of the sorcery team,
Dufflebunk, and zero_the_hero, who have helped make this possible.
Also, our leader, Ryan Abrams, for helping with the release, and
his work on scribe.

Lets get testing! Please submit all bugs to bugzilla, Thanks.

--
Nick Jennings
Sorcery Team Lead