sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery]Sorcery Team Organization - and the road to sorcery 1.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • To: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery]Sorcery Team Organization - and the road to sorcery 1.0
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:10:24 -0700

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:15:34PM -0500, Ryan Abrams wrote:
> This is GREAT Nick. Good work.

Thanks Ryan :)

> I went into the wiki and added pages for Multi Grimoire Support and
> Sorcery/Grimoire split as listed in the 1.0 Feature list. Bottom line: Multi
> grimoire support is beyond the time i have available. Nathan may be better
> at that part, though I will try to get the basics of scribe working for it
> (add, remove, update) - they are mostly there.

Ok, can you possibly flesh out the Multi-Grimoire support section in
the wiki to document exactly what the sorcery team needs to support
for scribe, and how scribe will behave? (don't you already have
some documentation on this?) Everything will help, since we are
(in a way) starting from scratch, because Anders kept alot of the
details in his head :)

> Sorcery/Grimoire split is almost ready.. it really just requires some
> restructuring in the code and a new sorcery command line option. Read the
> page to see what I mean.

Thanks

> Question: Are flat grimoires in or out? I dont care.. you guys need to make
> the call.

Well, I don't know. I think Nathan did alot of work on this, so I'll check
with him and see what he thinks about it's current state. Does anyone
else know about what is/isn't done to support flat grimoires?

- nick