sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:03:49 -0700

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 09:29:58AM -0500, Ryan Abrams wrote:
> The real reason is that devel-sorcery isn't "officially" released - it's
> devel. If you are playing with unstable spells, you should use a stable tool
> to do it, so you can save yourself if you need to.

that makes sense now, although my sorcery has been anything but stable
for the past few days :(

> That said, there is an effort to fully split sorcery and the grimoire. In
> fact, the infrastructure is done. It's just a matter of the sorcery team
> getting a release out that lets people choose their sorcery version and
> grimoire version seperately.

that was going to be my next question, if there will be a way to choose
a sorcery as well, and if the changes in sorcery will be reflected on
the rest of a sorcery update, ie devel-sorcery on compiler flags and
such.