sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] inaccessible sites

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] inaccessible sites
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

Tobias Marx said:
> hi,
>
> i've recently had some problems while loading particular sites, galeon
> would just said: "Connection refused" (eg. www.shortnews.de, but also
> some spell sites (what led to problems during some casts)).
> first i thought it was a problem with my dsl provider and their proxy,
> but after doing some additional research on the web, i've found the real
> cause. it is as "faulty" kernel setting.
> if you experience equal problems check "IP: TCP Explicit Congestion
> Notification support" under "Networking options". Some faulty firewalls
> will cause trouble when it is enabled. You can disable it at runtime
> with: echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn.
>
> maybe my experiences will help some people sometimes. :)
>
> bye,
> Tobias

I recently had a problem when restaring my shorewall firewall that I loose
all routing capabilities for my server only, all of my clients behind the
firewall/router can still do DNS lookups. I'll try this and see if it
fixes it (please yes!).

Thank you,

-One of Three

sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net | http://www.sourcemage.org