sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] OGG-VORBIS

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] OGG-VORBIS
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:31:44 -0700

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 07:40:59AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Andrew Stitt said:
> > well the updated field says july 26 and if im understanding things
> > right, it takes about a week for things to trickle down to the next
> > grimoire, however the entered field is for september 22, 2001! im not
> > really sure thats correct considering how long sorcery/source mage has
> > been around, and if it has been in the grimoire that long why the heck
> > isnt it in the stable and test grimoires?
> >
> > maybe i should go point and click a bug into bugzilla (is there some way
> > of doing stuff via cli on bugzilla?)
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:48:56PM +0200, Piero Ottuzzi wrote:
>
> I believe the ENTERED field is when the spell was first entered into the
> grimoire, not when it was updated.

im aware that the entered field pertains to when the spell was first put
into the grimoire, what i found odd was the fact that this spell 1)
was made before I thought source mage was around, the only iso's i found
dated back into early 2002, i suppose kyle's sorcery was around before
then, and i guess much much longer then i had thought since there are
dates for 20010510 in the grimoire and 2) has been in the grimoire for
11 months, and this person claims that it is still only in the devel
grimoire, not the stable or testing. i dont know about you but i find
that strange when you consider that spells arent supposed to be sitting
in devel for 11 months without getting into the test grimoire unless
theres something really unstable about them.