sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Got the laptop back

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Got the laptop back
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:40:34 -0400

I got the laptop back, after the "technician" ignored my carefully written
instructions, trashed the Source Mage install, ran tests in Windows, and
found nothing. It appears to run stably with the good RAM stick on the kernel
that came on the CD, but not on the kernel I compiled, even when I boot both
kernels with the mem=nopentium option. I compiled the kernel for Athlon,
which is what it is. Should I try changing the kernel processor option to
Pentium, or the global cast option, or both?

phma