sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] pspell problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] pspell problem
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:52:34 -0700 (PDT)

George Sherwood said:
> I have been trying to get pan 0.12.91 working with gtkspell 2.0. This
> gives a spell check capability to pan. Gtkspell was unable to find
> aspell and this would cause a seg fault whenever a message editor was
> opened in pan. The fix was to remove the --disable-ltdl option in the
> spell for pspell. From the pspell README:

> If you run into problems you can try disabling the building of shared
> libraries with --disable-shared and/or the ltdl library which is used
> for dynamically loading pspell modules with --disable-ltdl. If you do so
> you will then need to manually link in the necessary modules by doing
> the following:
>
> cd modules
> ./add-modules
> cd ..
> make
> make install
>
> However this has not been known to work properly on most platforms. If
> you are just installing Pspell so that you can compile and use the
> Aspell utility then you should be okay as Aspell does not need any of
> Pspell modules linked in. However, if you are trying to use Pspell with
> an application that actually used the Pspell library such as PHP,
> AbiWord or the like then you will likely run into problems.

> What was the reason for that option in this pspell? Everything seems to
> be working for me now that I have taken it out.
>
> George

George,

I had a reason at the time, though I can't recall atm what it was, but
something wasn't working until I did the ltdl option.

Looking at the history file I entered:

* Fixed compile problem due to ltdl by removing option for it

Hope this helps clarify. :)

-One of Three

sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://hellhound.homeip.net/~sandalle | SystAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU