sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] pspell problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <george AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] pspell problem
  • Date: 24 Jul 2002 17:48:01 -0500

I have been trying to get pan 0.12.91 working with gtkspell 2.0. This
gives a spell check capability to pan. Gtkspell was unable to find
aspell and this would cause a seg fault whenever a message editor was
opened in pan. The fix was to remove the --disable-ltdl option in the
spell for pspell. From the pspell README:

If you run into problems you can try disabling the building of shared
libraries with --disable-shared and/or the ltdl library which is used
for dynamically loading pspell modules with --disable-ltdl. If you do so
you will then need to manually link in the necessary modules by doing
the following:

cd modules
./add-modules
cd ..
make
make install

However this has not been known to work properly on most platforms. If
you are just installing Pspell so that you can compile and use the
Aspell utility then you should be okay as Aspell does not need any of
Pspell modules linked in. However, if you are trying to use Pspell with
an application that actually used the Pspell library such as PHP,
AbiWord or the like then you will likely run into problems.

What was the reason for that option in this pspell? Everything seems to
be working for me now that I have taken it out.

George