sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] url/md5/license fields proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com>
  • To: Robert Helgesson <rycee AT home.se>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] url/md5/license fields proposal
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 14:13:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

> I prefer the first one. Using this format looses the *mostly*
> compatible form of the first one so a greater number of changes to the
> current code have to be made. Also it looses the easy to see
> distinction between different sources. I think it's best if everything
> related to the first source file is in variables suffixed with [0] and
> so on, mixing will only result in confusion and no apparent advantage.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in... I prefer the bracketed format
as well, especially if it will simplify the code (by replacing multiple
calls with a loop from what I understand). This could also scale better
IMHO. I understand the change involves a lot of work (ie: change every
DETAILS file) and it may not be completely backwards compatible, but I
feel it's a change we'd make at one point or another, so we should
probably tackle it now before our 1.0 release.

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com