sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] url/md5/license fields proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Helgesson <rycee AT home.se>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] url/md5/license fields proposal
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 05:41:33 +0200

I would like to propose the following format for the SOURCE_URL, MD5 and
LICENSE fields of a DETAILS file.

SOURCE_URL[0]="source1_url1
source1_url2"
MD5[0]=source1_md5
LICENSE[0]=source1_license
SOURCE_URL[1]="source2_url1
source2_url2
source2_url3"
MD5[1]=source2_md5
LICENSE[1]="source2_license1 source2_license2"

In my opinion this format is easier to understand and looks better than
the current one.

The number in the brackets determine which source the variable is
referring too. No need for SOURCE2_URL and such and therefore no need to
have a lot of special cases in summon. The dl_source calls can be
replaced by a loop.

Most of the current code can handle this format with little or no
change and automated conversion from the current format to this one is
easy to do.

/rycee