seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] OT - To chat or not to chat?

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org, seedkeepers-owner@lists.ibiblio.org, pumpkin@xanadoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] OT - To chat or not to chat?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:47:46 -0500

A few issues here, that I can see.
And pardon, folks. New lists do have a few things to feel out.
And keeping members happy means asking questions, more, at first.

1) We could label stuff OT if not strictly seeds.
2) I provided all addresses here, in case we want jhe ANSWER(s)]
to this question, also offlist. If so, who gets the honor of the tallying?
3) How strongly do you feel, whatever you feel?

We could ask... thusly...:
1 Seed Info only!
2 75% seed talk. Tell us just enough to follow the topic,
elsewhere, if we choose.
3 Neutral, Or 50-50.
4 25% seed talk is ok. We have to learn to grow them, to
trade them. If trades are totally offlist, WHAT do we discuss?
5 Hey, talk garden all you want. Don't care.

For now, I vote 3, +/- 1.

I use as fodder for the fire, the recent eggplant type being
unknown. Imagine 15 folks asking him... offlist. I think we
are so new that many of us will need more time to decide this,
and, new lists, morph. But folks, TELL us what you feel,
beforrrrre you UnSub!?! LOL!!! Please!

BTW, I can send the handicapped info, that I got offlist,
offlist, if you ask.
BillSF9c

So, is a discussion of exactly how people garden on topic or off?

I was wondering that too because I wanted to respond to the question
about raised bed gardening methods that the handicapped have issues
with. I ended up jut not responding at all thinking it would be
nonseedkeeping related and would lead discussion away from what
many or most would want.

I suggest we ask to see if that would be a good thing or if it would
drive many people away from the list.

Personally I think some gardening talk should be allowed because that
affects our ability to produce seeds and if some are doing it wrong
then
they would benefit from learning from others. Or I could start a new
forum
<snip of possible forum names>

Ok, people, is gardening talk part of what you're here for or do you
just want to swap seeds? Do you want a different list provided for
gardening conversation?

Morgan, who if she gets a vote on seed swapping etiquette would really
like to ask that people contact the people offering or wanting privately
rather than on the list unless private email bounces.