pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] The second most common Pleurothallis in myranch

  • From: "Lynn O'Shaughnessy" <freespirit@pleurothallids.com>
  • To: <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] The second most common Pleurothallis in myranch
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:04:20 -0400

I do have two clones of P. pruinosa - one of which does have very long and
narrow leaves. However, with this close-up photo, I would have to say that
it does not look like pruinosa flowers. It was hard to tell at a distance
and I was making a suggestion on the plant and flowering habit.

Carl lists several species from the subgenus Acuminata that are endemic in
Brazil. There are no descriptions or drawings in vol 18, but I think that
perhaps this plant may come from this group. I will be on the lookout for
information. Here is the list for all.

P. attenuate
P. gert-hatschbachii
P. heterophylla
P. lineolata (I have this one - nice plant!)
P. malmeana
P. nectarifera
P. pabstii
P. petersiana