pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Rescuing heat damaged Draculas?

  • From: Chad Sarles <wsarles@yahoo.com>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Rescuing heat damaged Draculas?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:58:16 -0500

Hello All,

First of all, I'm an indoor grower and do almost all of my pleurothallid growing in a case under fluorescents at about 80% humidity.

That being said; A couple weeks ago our A/C went out for about 10 days. I believe we hit 90 at least 3 days straight. Fans + 80 % humidity could do so much. As such, I lost about 6 Draculas (mostly mounts ) and 4 are hanging on to dear life right now. All three have one new growth "nub" (1/2" long max.) and have a few good looking roots. Is there any hope?

Right now I have them in the case on the bottom level where they can stay moist and get about 400 foot candles or so. Temps range from 65-71 at 80% humidity. Any tips? Is there anything else I can do but sit and wait for some new growth? :)

Thanks,
Chad