pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Rescuing heat damaged Draculas?

  • From: Chad Sarles <wsarles@yahoo.com>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Rescuing heat damaged Draculas?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:40:00 -0500

Lynn,

Thanks for the tips.

The ones that are "clinging on to life" are mounts. It seems the roots are pretty closely intertwined into the tree fern. Would it make sense to "demount" these by trying to break up the tree fern and pulling the roots out - and then putting them on the bed of moss as you mention?

Thanks again,
Chad

Lynn O'Shaughnessy wrote:

My suggestion would be NOT to keep them moist at the roots. They will
probably be more likely to sprout new growth if the roots were laying on a
bed of moss (rather than in it) in the humid environment of the case. Keep
the humidity AND air movement up.

Lynn O