pleurothallid-l - RE: [pleurothallid-l] introduction and pleurothallid identificationrequest

  • From: Brian O'Brien <bobrien@gustavus.edu>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [pleurothallid-l] introduction and pleurothallid identificationrequest
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:10:41 -0500

Lynn,
   Thanks much for the leads on identification of my plant.  It does look a lot like U. lepidota in the illustration (by far the closest match so far), but the leaves seem a bit different to me - my plant's leaves look a bit more blunt-tipped, and the flowers are not as open.  I'll try to get some close-up photos of the flowers once it has another flush of them (it flowers several times per year).

Brian