piw - Re: PIW release 0.2.0 live on dev.permaculture.info

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster AT pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>, PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: PIW release 0.2.0 live on dev.permaculture.info
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:37:27 +0100

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Chad Knepp wrote:

... available for your breaking pleasure. I tested most things again
and I can't find anything really broken yet, but I know this is a very
buggy release, it's just too new to not be.
Cool. Looking good.

I do like the way that the comments can work. And how it allows
text blobs in multiple sections. I think this could work.

It should make it easy to fit in other datasets.

Would headings help? i.e. section heading so that comments could be grouped under a heading like edible uses.

Most obvious bug is that the name of the plant is not displayed
when you look at a comment http://dev.permaculture.info/cgi-bin/eden?comment=28986

Do logins work?

Overall I think this is a significant step. Well done.

Rich

p.s. Strangely I've only seen Lawrence reply and not chad's original post. Is there something up with my email? Where was Chads email posted?