piw - Re: [piw] hello from ANdy Goldring at the Permaculture Association (Britain)

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl AT intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [piw] hello from ANdy Goldring at the Permaculture Association (Britain)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:28:34 -0800

Martin Naylor wrote:

hi
have you considered corosponding with www.biomimicry.net <http://www.biomimicry.net>, they love investigating and copying nature.
martin

From that site, these inspiring words:
"
Nature as Model:
Biomimicry is a new science that studies nature's models and then imitates or takes inspiration from these designs and processes to solve human problems, e.g., a solar cell inspired by a leaf.

Nature as Mentor:
Biomimicry uses an ecological standard to judge the "rightness" of our innovations. After 3.8 billion years of evolution, nature has learned: What works. What is appropriate. What lasts.

Nature as Measure:
Biomimicry is a new way of viewing and valuing nature. It introduces an era based not on what we can extract from the natural world, but on what we can learn from it.
"

--
L.F.London
lfl AT intrex.net