person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] misbeehaving!

  • From: <donnasteen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Lynn S Wilson <wilsonls AT esinc.net>, Mary Florence <maryflorence AT me.com>
  • Cc: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] misbeehaving!
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 00:34:05 +0000 (UTC)

Mary, I don't know if you will get this, but my thought is to put something in your yard that will draw the bees to it.  This spring when I harvested honey, I put all the utensils and containers I used to harvest honey in the yard and immediately my bees went to it.  And I've caught swarms before by putting a honey super out with two frames of honey among the other empty frames of comb.  They like that to and are immediately drawn to it.  Who knows where their queen it, but it might get them away from your house doors.

Donna