person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Fwd: Important Extension Message from Dean Rich Linton and Dr. Joe Zubena

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Fwd: Important Extension Message from Dean Rich Linton and Dr. Joe Zubena
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:43:33 -0400

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David R. Tarpy via ncsba-chapters-list <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:05 PM
To: County Listserv <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Cc: NCSBA Committee Executive <ncsba-list AT rtpnet.org>

Hi everyone,

See below for the latest announcement about the restructuring of Cooperative Extension and the implementation of the strategic plan. Nothing specific to how beekeeping fits into this, but I will keep you posted when a fully articulated mandate is implemented. But for now, it seems that an emphasis on online education (e.g., our webinars, BEES network) will continue to be the model moving forward.

Sincerely, David

******************************
David R. Tarpy
Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology, Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613
TEL: (919) 515-1660
FAX: (919) 515-7746
LAB: (919) 513-7702
WEB: http://entomology.ces.ncsu.edu/profile/david-tarpy/
EMAIL: david_tarpy AT ncsu.edu
Join the new Beekeeper Education & Engagement System (BEES)
Like us on FaceBook
Follow us on Twitter (@NCSUApiculture)

Begin forwarded message: