person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] FW: Apivar

  • From: James Latimer <pipesnc AT live.com>
  • To: "person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org" <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] FW: Apivar
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:16:52 -0400

Sorry if this message appears twice.  I sent the previous message from an unrecognized email address.
Jamie

From: jameslatimer333 AT hotmail.com
To: person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Apivar
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:07:30 -0400

Hello all,
I am in the process of using the Apivar strips on my hives.  I had a sugar shake mite count of 24.  I have a question.  Part of the instructions are to remove the honey supers.  If the honey in the supers is not intended for human consumption, do they have to be removed?

If the supers do have to be removed, how is it best to store the unprotected honey supers?

Thanks,
Jamie

  • [PCBA] FW: Apivar, James Latimer, 08/14/2014