permaculture - [permaculture] Ancient history: archive of posts from my Fido Net BBS - an interesting sample

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ancient history: archive of posts from my Fido Net BBS - an interesting sample
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 18:40:10 -0700

I have a reasonably large collection of archives of various PC and Agriculture mailing lists from years ago. I am in the process of downloading them to have copies on my own computer.
I ran across some Fido Net archives from my own bbs:
lawrence.london@f502.n151.z1.fidonet.org
london@sunSITE.unc.edu
---
 * Origin: EARTH*Net-Host:SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE Echo (1:151/502)

Those who are from that era will enjoy these posts to my sustainable agriculture echo (forum) SUST_AG which I was able to gate to the alt.sustainable.agriculture Usenet newsgroup, which I formed (started, thanks to UNC computer services).
A Norwegian permaculture guy and I started alt.permaculture. He was associated with the Norwegian Permaculture Society and created the most amazing logo for them.

[]
--- InterBBS 7.4
 * Origin: The Landing Zone - VetLink #7, Box 13762, Portland, OR
97213 (1:105/12.0)
@PATH: 105/12 360 50 3615/50 3641/1

(16)   Mon 27 Jun 94 13:15
By: Marlin Nissen