permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is Reading this List

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "David Shaw, Santa Cruz Permaculture" <santacruzpermaculture@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is Reading this List
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 23:54:13 -0700

Hi Lawrence,

Yes! The Alan Chadwick Garden is where it all began for me. I lived and
worked at the Chadwick Garden from 2005-2008 and still work at UC Santa Cruz
as the coordinator of the Right Livelihood College
<https://rightlivelihood.org/what-we-do/education/the-right-livelihood-college/>
and PhD student
<https://envs.ucsc.edu/faculty/directory_researchers.php?uid=daveshaw> in
environmental studies and agroecology. Bill Mollison received the Right
Livelihood Award in 1981
<https://rightlivelihood.org/the-change-makers/find-a-laureate/bill-mollison/>
and it’s an honor to support his legacy through my academic and professional
work. We hosted his grandson Stuart Muir Wilson
<https://rightlivelihood.ucsc.edu/2019/10/26/workshop-permaculture-mushrooms-ecological-justice/>,
who carries on Bill’s legacy, at the Chadwick Garden in 2019.

David Shaw
(he/him)
Website <https://santacruzpermaculture.com/> | Upcoming Courses
<https://santacruzpermaculture.com/courses/> | Design Services
<https://santacruzpermaculture.com/services/> | Persimmon
<https://santacruzpermaculture.com/hoshigaki/>
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/santacruzpermaculture/> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/santacruzpermaculture/> | Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90CYLgvmVyunEEF2YiDg2Q>
Santa Cruz is in the unceded territory of the Awaswas-speaking Uypi Tribe